Thursday, October 9, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my brand new blog. I must confess that I never had a desire to maintain a blog of my own, but, since I was ordained a transitional deacon this past March 15 and began preaching, people from time to time have asked me for written copies of my homilies. I figure that this will be an easy way to share them with those who are interested. For now, this will be the primary purpose of this blog. We'll see where it goes from there...

I chose the title for this blog from this passage from the Book of Revelation: "The Spirit and the Bride say, 'Come.'" In our modern society, it is imperative for us Christians to open our lives in new and more perfect ways to the coming of Jesus Christ. He is the fullness of God's revelation, and He alone can give ultimate meaning to our lives. We must open our own hearts, our homes, our workplaces, and all of society to Him. This openness to Christ can only be done in union with His Bride, Holy Mother Church, who was born from the blood and water that poured forth from His Pierced Heart upon the cross.

I invite you to read and respond to what I post here. Together may we all respond faithfully to our Lord's call to further the spread of His Kingdom on earth, unto the fullness of its perfection in Heaven.

No comments: